Olympics has always been the biggest sport event of the world. It has the maximum viewership across the world and hence it is without any doubt the most popular sports competition that takes place on this planet. It is in itself a big thing for any sport to get listed in the list of sports that take place in any edition of Olympics.
This time also there is a big news for the sports lovers of 6 sports as there is going to be a new entry or re-entry of these 6 sports in the Tokyo Olympics. Let us quickly have a look at the list of these sports:
1. Karate: Karate is a very famous form of martial arts. It is basically an art where two competitors fight against each other following a fixed set of rules, and based on that a winner is decided. This time Karate is making an entry in the Tokyo Olympics as an official statement has been released by the IOC stating that Karate will be a part of the sports in the Summer Olympics 2020.
2. Skateboarding: Skateboarding is a fun sport where the rider rides a skateboard and try to compete with all of its opponents. It is a very famous sport across the world and hence Olympics has decided to put its name as one of the sports in Tokyo Olympics.
3. Sport Climbing: Another sport which has made its entry in the list of sports of Tokyo Olympics is this Sport Climbing. In Summer Olympics 2020, this Sport climbing would have three different events namely speed climbing, bouldering, and lead climbing. So do keep an eye on this sport as it is going to be an interesting one.
4. Surfing: Who doesn’t know about this amazing adventurous sport called surfing. Surfing is all set to make its debut in the 2020 Olympics. The rules that have been decided for this event are that a total of 4 surfers will compete against each other at a time, and each heat would be 20-25 minutes long depending on the nature of the waves.
5. Baseball and Softball: Baseball and softball are two more additions to the list of the games of the Tokyo Olympics. Baseball is going to be a sports event for men and soft ball is going to be an event for the women. The rules of these events are going to be almost the same with the only difference being the size of the ball and the size of the field where the matches are going to be played. Earlier baseball used to be a sport event in the Olympics but it was missing out on its way to Olympics from the last two Olympics and now it is back again.
Also See : List of Olympics Sports 2021
With all these new events coming up in the Olympics 2020, this Olympics has become even more interesting and hence the excitement level has already reached its peak.